Friday, November 28, 2008

A love letter



Dear Philadelphia Eagles,

This season has been mildly painful for me as i've watched you kick yourself in the rear end more than i'd like to. i've seen missed tackles, missed blocks, stupid fouls, horrible play calling, too many interceptions and dropped passes. i've seen my favourite players (Dawkins and Runyan) not reaching their potential in their playing. i've seen a quaterback benched with no previous warning and a kid brought out without any warm up. i even think i've witnessed missed field goals.

This, my beloved, would make my love grow cold if i were any less of the warm blooded totally in love with you woman that i am.

As it was, i was rather disgusted with the whole lot of you - even though deep in my heart, i knew i'd always remain faithful.

So it was with some trepidation that i prepared to watch tonight's game.

However, my Eagles, tonight....tonight you made me fall in love with you all over again. Tonight my heart beat hard for Dawkins [#20] (i mean seriously, folks, he is just so amazing) and Runyan [#69](mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) not to mention Bradley [#55], who is quickly becoming another favourite. You played like the team i know you to be. You made me proud to be a fan. The love is still there and still strong.

Oh yes, my Philadelphia Eagles, i am still faithful to you. i won't turn my back, nor curse the day you were born - no, no i will not do that. i will hold my head high (even though you tied the stinkin' Bengals...i mean, really? The Bengals? sheesh)

The love is still there, it is still strong and i am going to bed a very happy woman.

With love,
me


E A G L E S! EAGLESSSSSSSSSSS!

No comments: