Friday, August 22, 2008

My Dearest Friend...

...is the title of the book i am currently reading.  It is a complelation of the 289 letters written between John and Abigail Adams.  i chose to read this book after watching the John Adams HBO series that i found at Blockbuster.  The series was good.  This book is riveting.

i find that i don't have the proper words to convey my emotions concerning this book.  American history, way of living, joys, sorrows and deep unending love betwix the two are just some of what one can expect.

John Adams wrote something that holds very true, even today.  He has been seperated some time from his family and felt their absence deeply.  He wrote to Abigail:

Posterity!  You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your Freedom!  I hope you will make a good use of it.  If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.

 

 

No comments: