Friday, September 5, 2008

i can't be the only one...

..it is impossible, i hope, that i am the only one who is amazed by all the hostility of this election.  i've heard name calling from both sides that not only are just childish and rediculous but also not very helpful to anyone.

Recently i heard something that helped me in my own political views.  We need to take the emotion out of our thinking and make good, well-thought out choices.  We need to scour both sides for facts, make an intelligent choice and then vote your conscience.  Amazingly, in this country, we have the freedom to vote for whom we wish, even if that is in disagreement with someone else.  And that person has the right to disagree with you.  Doesn't mean anyone has to adopt the "I AM RIGHT you are wrong" attitude.

Time to grow up a little bit, folks. 

Find out the facts

Make your choice

Vote your conscience

Allow others to do the same.

It's not taking an 'i-dont-care' attitude..not at all..just strive for peace and harmony in your own life while making informed decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I already know who I'm voting for, so I have just tuned it out. Unless he eats a live baby or something, he's getting my vote.