Wednesday, January 16, 2008

For the love of shoes

i almost had a slight tizzy the other day when my mother said calmly that she just doesn't get excited about shoes.

She, my flesh and blood..the one who nourished me for 9 months in the womb and then lovingly cared for me after i was born.  She who dressed me and played house and coloured with crayons.  She who taught me how to be a good homemaker and how to fold laundry properly and how to love the earth and the feeling of dirt between your toes.  She who scolded me until i practiced the piano the correct way and who praised me without fail when i had done it right.  She who would leave secret thank you notes in my room when i had helped her with entertaining or some other job.  She....who is my hero..doesn't understand shoes?

i think there must be some mistake. 

i might need a new pair of shoes to help me over this mini-crisis in my life.

::sigh::

No comments: