Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Taste of Autumn

This morning, i woke early.  i woke because i was slightly cold - the sheet wrapped around me offered little cover for the 64F breeze that was blowing my curtains at almost gale force winds (i take a wee bit of literary freedom here)..but it was chilly.

i looked outside and saw the most brilliant blue skies and early bright sun that gives a prelude for a perfect day.  From what the weather man says, it's only going to be in the low 80's today, with low humidity.  Just like the most perfect October day. 

my cat, Moses, is running from the back of the house to the front - checking out the breeze and if he does a back flip in the dining room, i won't be surprised.  It's amazing to me how weather affects animals almost as much (or more so, if you're a dairy cow) as humans.

Anyway - today...have much to do- and can do it all with a spring in my step enjoying the weather instead of hiding from it.  i feel most alive on days like this.  Reminds of my favourite time of the year: Autumn.

(i'm almost in the mood to have some cider and bake a pumpkin pie...)

No comments: